Monday, June 13, 2011

Travel Time + First real night in Seoul

After waking up fairly late, I spent some time reading some manhwa (Korean manga) and after that ironing some dress clothes (which later I found out I wouldn't need until tomorrow) but all of that "hard work" managed to get me pretty hungry; so before catching the train Lauren and I headed out for my first taste of the delicacy that is "Korean McDonalds"  -- Think double decker cheeseburger, but the beef is teryaki.  I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty good; granted, the meat still seemed kind of fake and cardboard-like in texture, but -- it tasted better.  The second distinct advantage was that it did NOT make me feel sick afterwards like it does back home. 


There it is!

After this I took a taxi cab to "Busan Yuk" (Yuk = Station) and bought a ticket for the KTX to Seoul.  Unfortunatley for me, there were no more economy seats left, so all that was left was standing room.  (I later found out that first class -- which was available -- was only $10 more :(   )

That was fine though; whatever.  I got to witness the awesomness that is ultra-mini gatorade cans:

 

After the train ride I hopped onto the Seoul metro and within a l few stops made it to "Seoul National University of Educaation" which was close enough to the Provista Hotel where I was headed.  There, I met up with a few of the other EAPSI members and had some dinner after dropping my bags off at the room.   Ken (friend from EAPSI Alumni event), Steve and I went out to see if we could get a power adapter (Ken really needed one) and in the meantime realized that they had a $1 batting cage!  Now, up until today I've never used a batting cage, and I didn't today either -- until after we had enjoyed a couple beers at a local bar.  Ken went home and we went to a Family mart to get som Soju (Korean Drink, quite tasty) and then headed across the street from the hotel to the batting cages.  We had a good time and then headed back to the hotel for a peaceful evening.

Also, while admitting it is fairly embarrassing; the car in the previous post was a Ferrari, not a Lamborghini.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for continuous posts!
    :)
    - Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you reading "The Breaker" yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many views has your blog had?
    -Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cedric!
    Your posts are a great breakfast read :-) I hope you keep this going.
    We are soooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cédric, do you know that flying by the north you are exactly at 11.363
    KM (7061 Miles) from Delaware? And only 1193 KM from Fukushima? Happily the dominating winds are from West to East. Nevertheless I hope you will enjoy your stay in Korea. Have a nice job there and bring back a great life experience.
    Kiss
    You godfather

    ReplyDelete